The Missouri Catholic bishops are supporting the Amendment 2 ballot initiative scheduled for a vote next Tuesday, August 4th. Their position of support is based on the importance of the Medicaid program in helping address the unmet healthcare needs of the working poor and its importance to the continued operation of Missouri’s hospitals, especially those in rural parts of the state. The MCC has resources on our website for your review, including the following:
- A Messenger article explaining the Medicare and Medicaid programs;
- A one-page document outlining the MCC’s position on the ballot initiative, including the Missouri bishop’s position statement;
- A one-page document regarding the Hyde Amendment;
- A recorded Zoom call with experts from the Archdiocese of St. Louis;
- A podcast on Medicaid expansion;
- The MCC’s response to 9 points of concern regarding Amendment 2
We encourage our network members to inform themselves on this important issue and to vote in support of Amendment 2 on August 4th.